ACGG is guided by a Scientific and Industry Advisory Committee (SIAC) comprising six leading professionals in business, research, and development. These individuals will be a key driver of ACGG’s goals of a high standard of responsibility, culpability, and superior governance.
The SIAC provides advisory support and guidance to the ACGG PMT and the Project Leader for purposes of helping orient and improve:
- The quality of the program’s science and approaches, and the resulting knowledge outputs
- Provide scientific oversight and help evaluate go-no-go decisions
- Help redirect research to maintain flexibility within the scope of the program as it is not known where the science breakthroughs will occur and what inputs will be demanded
- Identification of key audiences for program outputs and strategies for engagement and communication
- Review country level implementation plans and progress against the objectives, goals and outcomes of the project
- Provide summary reports to map progress and recommendations
Currently the six SIAC members are:
- Randall Ennis, World Poultry Foundation, USA
- Marcellina Chijoriga, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Siboniso Moyo, ILRI, Ethiopia
- Belachew Hurrissa, Elemtu Integrated Milk Industry Share Company, Ethiopia
- Prof. Clarence Lakpini, NAPRI, Nigeria
- Donald Nkrumah, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in transition with Shashi Kapur, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Tenure of any SIAC member is expected to be for the duration of the ACGG program.