This week (18–22 September 2017) three important African Chicken Genetic Gains (ACGG)-related meetings will take place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- On 18–19 September the fourth Program Management Team (PMT) meeting will take place.
- On 21 September the next Scientific and Industry Advisory Committee (SIAC) meeting will review progress and discuss high order issues of ACGG.
- On 21–22 September the PMT participants will help validate the gender strategy and set its implementation process in motion.
Representatives from the ACGG program team from Ethiopia, Nigeria and Tanzania—about 30 people—will attend the meetings which will be held at the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) campus in the city.
The fourth PMT meeting will focus on progress to date and on planning not only activities for 2018 but also the longer-term work of ACGG, upcoming publications, and challenges experienced by the country teams.
The gender strategy workshop, organized by a team from the Royal Tropical Institute (KIT), will:
- share experiences around gender concerns in the three program countries;
- share the results of, and deal with concerns related to, the gender strategy that will be presented;
- agree on strategic action areas of the gender strategy;
- discuss gender responsive monitoring and evaluation, and capacity development in support of implementing the strategy; and
- draft program- and country-level gender implementation plans.
Watch this space for more information from these meetings!