The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)-led African Chicken Genetic Gains (ACGG) program is offering a free online course on animal breeding and genetics.
The seven-week intermediate course covers animal breeding goals and strategies, genetic models, estimating breeding values, and responses to selection among other topics. It is designed to introduce learners to:
- The steps required to design an animal breeding program and the genetic and statistical concepts that are needed to build a solid breeding program.
- The main concepts in animal breeding.
- Applying genetic models and tools to predict the breeding value of animals.
- Tools for predicting genetic change and/or inbreeding in populations.
- The dissemination of genetic progress in different animals.
The course will start on 19 September 2017 on the online learning platform edX.
See a short video about the course.
Click here to enroll!